Drum Zone – An Institute of Drums
Drummers choose carefully where they choose to study and work. At the Drum Zone, we understand what drummers need and that is why our facilities are fully equipped with high quality acoustic drum kits, air-conditioned practice booths and a wide range of equipment for both performance and practice.
Drum Zone – Institute Of Drums, a part of Guitar Hall, is located at our , and branches at the heart of the music world in Mumbai, and has pioneered the teaching methods, curriculum and philosophy that have become the benchmarks for contemporary music education for drummers. The Drum Zone is uniquely placed to help drummers maximize their talent and develop a career in the music industry.
Our teaching faculty, perhaps our greatest asset, is unrivalled in Mumbai and probably anywhere in India! On a Drum Zone course, you will be taught by professional drummers alongside music business professionals and academics. We understand the need to balance practice with theory and support our students who go on to develop in a wide range of different directions.
Specifically, by enrolling on a Drum Zone course, you will benefit from:
- Small class sizes, meaning you get plenty of attention!
- One of the best and most experienced teaching faculties in the business.
- Opportunities to perform live in gigs and showcase events in Mumbai.
- Direct connections into the music industry.
- Industry-standard performance and practice facilities.
- An opportunity to build that all-important network of contact.
The fully accredited Modules at Drum Zone is designed to equip players with the professional skills and awareness required by today’s music industry. The Modules is a level 4 level qualification, drawing on countless years of professional experience. The curriculum offers structured, ‘hands-on’ education. It is packed with concepts, techniques, theory and performances, covering virtually every modern style of playing. There are no age limits or academic prerequisites, but students are required to take an assessment prior to enrolling on the course.
Students who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Drum Zone Certificate. The top performers will play at the graduation show, held at a top Mumbai venue.
- Drum Concepts covers all essential conceptual aspects of drumming, including styles, grooves and musical feel. You will also look at the mental approach to performing and practicing.
- Drum Techniques focuses on the mechanical, physical and ergonomic principles of
- hand and foot technique. You’ll look at co-ordination, control, speed, endurance and mobility to develop effective self-expression on the kit.
- Contemporary Styles will give you the low-down on the latest styles at the cutting edge of music. You’ll look at what’s required to play these styles authentically, and then at how to program them, as well as the use of MIDI systems and studio techniques.
- Rhythm Section Skills explores in detail the relationship between the drummer and the bass guitarist. Drummers work on a stylistically varied repertoire of tunes, looking particularly at technique, time, groove and feel.
- Trinity College London Grades and General Musicianship introduces drummers to essential musical concepts, including key signatures, etc. This will enhance your ability.
- Sight Reading covers everything from basic note values and rests, right up to transcribing, chart-reading and performance in relation to different musical styles.
- Live Performance Workshops are your chance to put it all into practice on stage in a live band situation! Working under the guidance of experienced professional musicians, you will move through a range of styles throughout the year, including rock, pop, jazz, funk and RnB.
- Master classes are your chance listen to and learn from some of the best in the business in India.
- Student Support is your chance to book a one-to-one session with a tutor to discuss any aspect of the course.
MODULE 1: (3 MONTHS)*: 24 SESSIONS: RS. 8,500/-
MODULE 2: (4 MONTHS)*: 32 SESSIONS: RS. 11,500/-
MODULE 3: (6 MONTHS)*: 48 SESSIONS: RS. 17,000/-
MODULE 4: (6 MONTHS)*: 48 SESSIONS: RS. 19,000/-
On an average, 2 hrs of teaching per week, master classes, jam nights and student events.